Banana Muffin (Joy of Baking)....at last...
Source : Stephanie Jaworski of Joy of Baking
1 cup (115 grams) walnuts or pecans ~ toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
1 3/4 cups (230 grams) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 ripe large bananas (approximately 1 pound or 454 grams) ~ mashed well (about 1-1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon banana essence
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Arrange the muffin cups on a baking tray.
2. Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
3. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts.
4. In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, banana essence and vanilla.
5. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon or a whisk, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky. (The important thing is not to over mix the batter. You do not want it smooth. Over mixing the batter will yield tough, rubbery bread.)
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, almost full.
7. Bake about 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Place on a wire rack to cool for five minutes and then remove muffins from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
1. Original recipe requires 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar but I changed it to the above.
2. Made half the recipe and managed to get 10 muffins of this size.
Syukran Mamafami...godaan anda mengena..sampai juga akhirnya hajat BHS...sedap la, makan panas-panas di jodoh pula dengan teh tarik (kalau teh tarik or teh ais cafe d'saji kat mekah sana nun, pasti ambil 2 gelas...sshhh..)...tapi, tadi dengan nescafe O panas kurang manis, duk pulak depan PC..habis hati BHS..la la la ..esok BHS potong kek kurma...dah siap cuma panas sangat nak dikeluarkan dari loyang...tunggu sejuk k..