Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Morning Glory Muffin
MORNING GLORY MUFFIN
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar (Originally used 1 1/4 cups of white sugar)
2 teaspn baking soda
2 teaspn ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspn salt
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chooped walnuts
1/2 cup dessicated coconut (Originally used unsweetened flaked coconut)
3/4 cup canned lychee, chopped and drain the syrup (Originally used 1 apple)
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspn vanilla essence
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 degree cels. Prepare 12 muffin paper cups.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the carrot, raisins, walnuts, coconuts and lychee.
3. In a seperate bowl, beat together eggs, oil and vanilla essence. Stir in egg mixture into flour mixture and mix just until moistened.
4. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake for 20mins to 30 mins depends on your size of muffin cups, until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.